Chateau Neuf du Pape and Beaumes de Venise


Advertisement
Published: July 12th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today was to all about us recreating the perfect day we had on our last trip to France and while we did not expect perfection again, we do love the towns so we would try to recreate it again. The Lunch restaurant we went to last time was shut on a Monday, so we consulted TripAdvisor again who recommended La Mule Du Pape Restaurant. The lady who took our booking yesterday was so friendly and helpful with our english, and when we arrived she introduced herself and her personality was infectious. She would engage all of her tables and would help anyone who needed more assistance with which Vineyards to go to. The food was at the same level as the Staff, we both selected the Daily Set menu, and both commented on why we don't do Gazpacho enough in Australia, especially in Summer.

When returning to the car we stopped in on a Degustation (wine Tasting) cave of Domaine Durieu and tried some of the white and red local wines. We decided to purchase three of each as we will have drinks at home when guest come to the Villa in Tuscany.

After Lunch we went to Beaumes du Venise where we had previously done a Muscat tasting with the new winemaker at Domaine Lenita who had only just taken over his vineyard from his father. We were astonished to see that they now have a large restaurant even though we arrived when it was closed (between lunch and Dinner), however they still did tastings and had extended their range of Muscats from the 1 to 4. They now have a White Muscat, a Rose Muscat, and a Red Muscat which we tried all of and purchased a couple of each for the rest of our tour and to take home. The final Muscat which was the one we purchased last time was all sold out and we could not try or purchase. They had also branched out in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, so we picked up a bottle of that for Pasta nights.

Given the lunch, dinner was a salad and salami with a Baguette on the side. Still a great day, this region keeps giving. Wonderful views, great food and wine and wonderful people.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb