Razorlight & Superbowls!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
February 6th 2007
Published: February 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ok, so this is an additional entry to the upcoming one as I feel it deserves some much needed attention!

So we were in a pub on sunday night called "Johnny Walshe's" watching the Superbowl. This place is about a 10 minute walk from our residence, is pretty quaint, and attracts a lot of Brits - due to its English staff and live music in the evening. So as a bunch of french customers start to filter out, we manage to grab a couple of the very few available seats in the pub (the place is packed to the brim, which surprises me because no one likes NFL here), but to our surprise, we are quickly told that the seats are reserved by this English group - they entered the pub about 5 minutes after some of us had sat down. Having been effectively insulted by our "non VIP" status, we decided to stand for the game. Eventually, the same people who had chased us away from their "reserved" seats started to talk to some of the people in our group. There was something funny about this group as they were all dressed pretty uniquely, and seemed to be garnering a lot of attention from the barkeep. Suddenly, my friend John (the American from Chicago) turns to me and says: "You know who those guys are that just walked in? They're a band called Razorlight!" Now, i'm sure that a lot of you don't know Razorlight, but to the select few who do, they're a pretty good band, and I quite like them, so this was a pretty cool event! Considering how tiny of a pub Johnny Walsh's is, it's pretty unlikely too! I guess Razorlight had played a concert that same night in Lyon, and a few of the people I know over here were actually trying to get tickets but were unable to as it was sold out.

Now this was a cool experience and all, but there was something fishy about these guys all night. The band is comprised of 4 members, and according to this person I was talking to, only the drummer, guitarist, and bass player were in the bar. The bass player was also EXTREMELY drunk, so I was curious, but didn't think too much of it. Anyway, my friend John sent me this website link today, so i'll let that do the explaining...

http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/news/06022007/razorlight_bust_up_drama

So the Superbowl was a success! It was a good game, the team I was cheering for actually won for once, and it was a fairly close game at that! Anyway, hope you're all doing well, and hope that work/school/whatever you're up to isn't keeping you down! Miss you guys!

Patrick


P.S. Here's another story to indicate just how drunk this bass player was. These two friends of mine (Moises from Mexico, and Felipe from Argentina) decided they wanted to get a picture with this guy as he was in the process of leaving the bar. So they go up to the guy, and ask him if he wouldn't mind taking a picture with them. So 'Mr. Bass Player' takes the camera, and takes a picture of the two of them - clearly too inebriated to understand the question - gives the camera back before they can say anything, and walks out of the bar. Haha, I laughed pretty hard when these two guys explained the whole story to me in broken english and spanish accents. Maybe you had to be there...

Advertisement



9th February 2007

SPOONS!
come back to lethbridge...

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb