Party Night


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
January 19th 2007
Published: January 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys,

So yesterday we had a party at this night club called 'The Fridge' which was supposed to be a celebration/welcome party for everyone in ERASMUS. ERASMUS is the student association over here, so I guess i'm part of it? But before we get to the party, on wednesday, the school put on a scavenger hunt for all of the new students as a way of getting to know Lyon - as well as meeting everyone. So there were trips throughout most of the core of Lyon where we had to answer questions about certain things and whatnot. As part of the scavenger hunt, one of the things we had to do was tell a joke in front of everyone the following day (before the party). So my group made me tell the joke...and I told that joke about the husband and wife and his farting antics. Don't remember it? Well here goes...

There once was an old couple who had been married for thirty years. Every morning the husband would wake up and give off an enormous fart, much to his long suffering wife's annoyance. "You'll fart your guts out one of these days," she always complained.
St. Jean CathedralSt. Jean CathedralSt. Jean Cathedral

This Cathedral is noted for its 13th century stained glass windows, and was built over a 500 year period, starting in the 12th century, in a mix of Romanesque, Gothic and Renaissance styles.
Finally, the wife had had enough with the farting antics of her husband, and decided to have her revenge. She got up early one day, placing some turkey giblets in the boxer shorts of her husband while he lay sleeping. While making breakfast downstairs she heard his usual morning fart reverberate through the floorboards followed by a scream. Twenty minutes later a rather shaken man came downstairs. Attempting to contain her laughter, the wife asked: "what's wrong honey, I heard a scream, are you ok?" The husband responded with: You were right all along dear, I finally did fart my guts out, but by the grace of God, a jar of vaseline, and these two fingers, I managed to push get them back in!" So that got the biggest laugh out of all of the jokes, and the night was off to a good start!

The school put on an international students' gathering in the common room of the school, so there was wine and snacks for everyone. Being the 'newbies' we were paired by region with a few returning students from last semester. Our 'moms' and 'dad' were an American guy from Ohio, and two girls from the
St. Jean Cathedral (2)St. Jean Cathedral (2)St. Jean Cathedral (2)

The outside of the cathedral
Czech Republic. Everyone has been really nice and extremely welcoming to all of us since we got here! Speaking of the girls from the Czech Republic, there is an irish guy here! His name is Danny, and he's from an hour south of Belfast, so he was surprised and happy to hear that i'm pretty well-versed in the Ireland department. But the reason I mention Danny in the same breath as the Czech girls is because people seem to have the most difficulty understanding what he's saying when he talks! Everyone speaks pretty fluent english in this group, but I couldn't believe it when people couldn't understand what Danny was saying. I guess I just have a built up tolerance to the Irish accent or something. Also related to Irish things, I think there are more Irish pubs here than French pubs! It's pretty funny because i'm not joking one bit, these Irish pubs are EVERYWHERE! Just a funny sidenote I thought...

Anyway, this is a pretty long entry already, so I think i'll save the rest of the night for a separate entry when i'm feeling slightly more motivated. As always, I hope everyone is doing well, and I miss all you guys lots!! Bye for now!

Patrick

Anyway, the night started out at the school


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

TrabouleTraboule
Traboule

This is the entrance to a 'traboule.' I mentioned what a traboule was in one of my last posts.
TrabouleTraboule
Traboule

This is what the inside of a traboule looks like. Not exactly an underground passageway as they're described, but very cave-like nonetheless.


19th January 2007

YAY for blogs! I am excited to hear all about your antics!

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb