Christmas 2008 at Les Arc 2000


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Les Arcs
December 25th 2008
Published: January 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Snow, snow, snow—and skiing!!! This Christmas holiday we took a trip with our friends Matt and Megan to Les Arc 2000 in the French Alps. It was incredible. The scenery was like no other. However, we were in unanimous agreement that the Rockies are far better for skiing. But we still had a great experience. After a bit of a mess-up on the ski company’s part, with our flight, we made it to our resort. Our lift passes were for 6 days and also covered the runs on the next mountain called La Plagne. It took us all a while to get back in the swing of things. Koi and I hadn’t been skiing in 7 years. We made a pact to go much sooner next time—maybe before we’re done in England, who knows! I would be lying if I said that those first few days were painless. A few spills and 16 sore legs later we were feeling a bit better about the mountain. Then Christmas came. Christmas Eve would have been better if the rep would have told us the correct time of the fireworks—oh well. We awoke Christmas day to SNOW!!! It was Matt’s first ever white, snowy Christmas. We braved the mountain and it got the better of us. We only lasted an hour and called it a day. We were still able to have a Christmas dinner—British style, seeing as we booked through a British company. Our chalet host, Ross, cooked us turkey, gravy, stuffing, brussel sprouts (yuck!) and carrots. I guess I forgot to mention the chalet. Our chalet had a balcony, fire place, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living area, and oh yeah, our own personal cook—Ross! Ross came to our chalet every morning and made us breakfast and then every evening he had dinner ready for us. We also got a new cake each day—yummy. The next day was a bit of a disaster as well. The wind got worse from the day before and most of the lifts on the mountain were shut down. Around 2pm Koi and Matt braved the elements, and yet again, the elements won. They were on the mountain for an hour and came back with very red and cold faces! Our final day of skiing we headed over to La Plagne. We wished we had done that a lot sooner. The snow and runs were better over there. We had to ski an hour or so over to a massive gondola that crossed the valley. The tricky part was figuring out how to get back to the other side before all the lifts closed. We had a blast and will never forget our time at Les Arc.




Additional photos below
Photos: 72, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



8th January 2009

Globetrotters Xmas
Cool pix, glad you guys had a good adventure. We hope to catch up with you soon! Allie sends Riley warm regards, by the way.
22nd January 2009

Hey where the heck is Koi's fanny pack??? What a beautiful place and I have not not been skiing in like 13 years, so have you beat!!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb