Background: Although ultimately a victor in World Wars I and II, France suffered extensive losses in its empire, wealth, manpower, and rank as a dominant nation-state. Nevertheless, France today is one of the most modern countries in the world and is a leader among European nations. Since 1958, it has constructed a presidential democracy resistant to the instabilities experienced in earlier parliamentary democracies. In recent years, its reconciliation and cooperation with Germany have proved central to the economic integration of Europe, including the introduction of a common exchange currency, the euro, in January 1999. At present, France is at the forefront of efforts to develop the EU's military capabilities to supplement progress toward an EU foreign policy.
Blogs from Les Arcs
Latest Blogs from Les Arcs
- March 27th 2011 Les Arcs - jumpparks, waterskis and puncbag banter....
by Words: 1813 Photos: 14
- March 23rd 2009 Seasonaires at Sixty miles an hour
by Words: 858 Photos: 4
- January 20th 2009 Yes Dahling, skiing in the alps
by Words: 2572 Photos: 32
- January 11th 2009 Boys trip to Paradiski
by Words: 284 Photos: 25
- December 25th 2008 Christmas 2008 at Les Arc 2000
by Words: 465 Photos: 72
- March 4th 2008 Ski, ski and apri ski with - Walking, hiking, jumping, poker’ing, climbing and flying!
by Words: 1484 Photos: 26
- January 21st 2008 Powder, Powder, Powder Too!
by Words: 773 Photos: 14
- January 13th 2008 Pure happiness...pure oxygen...pure snow...
by Words: 391 Photos: 15
- January 21st 2007 Beautiful Skiing...
by Words: 673 Photos: 13