Ranting, raving and burning to death..


Advertisement
Published: July 22nd 2004
Edit Blog Post

So this is officially the most boring and irritating day of my life. However it is slightly improved by the fact that I am in Europe, under any other circumstance, I would not be happy at all right now. Jackie and I were supposed to go to Pisa today, so we left our hotel room, after getting little to no sleep and then went off to the train station in a cab that cost an unexcpected massive amount of money (details of the exact sum will not be mentioned). We recovered from that and took a train to nice. While we were waiting a combination of the heat, the horrid horrid sunburn, lack of sleep and the massive amount of cheese consumed teh day before made me nautious (the mucus is here.....SPASM SPASM!!!! - ten points if you guess the movie!) anyway, so i threw up outside of the station, with absolutley no sympathy from the station people who basically tossed me out of the station so as not to get vomit on thier highly UN polished and quite gringy floor. I also threw up on the train.... but that was it... save the throwing up of the prior evening, which i will get to later. So that was my morning. then we get to nice expecting a train to pisa, but we are confronted with a horible line up and later a woman telling us that our train wont be arriving for another 6 and a half hours.... well, that was worth waking up at 7:00 to hear! honestly. so, after calculating the times, we came to the conclusion that we would not get to pisa until 12:30.... lovely...
This was not good news.... so we went out for lunch.... we had pizza and comtemplated.... waiting was the only thing to do, but we wanted to call teh hostel to let them know of our tardiness and beg them to wait up for us.... we tried and tried to call, but to know avail... we even bouthg a phone card, because every phone booth here uses cards... none use change.... but that didnt work either.... so we threw the phone around and beat our heads against the booth, and felt a bit better. then we went to sit down.... for some reason, you are not allowed to sit on the floor here.... a security guard came up to me and made me stand up.... i dont know what they think the consequences of people sitting will be but whatever.... (oh no...you cant sit here.... if you sit here then joe will sit over there, then mabel over there... then tim and johnny and edna... soon everyone will be sitting, it will be chaos, anarchy.... the END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT!!!!) i dunno.... weird.... so finally we found an unoccupied bench and sat there.... for four hours..... also, we both have the added irritation of these massive sunburns that wont go away and that feel like a hot poker is being applied to my skin at all hours of the day. stupid sun.... if you want my advice... stay inside.... the rays cant get you in there.....
So, then we found this here internet cafe, and well here we are.....but enough about today's idiocy and back to the fun happy times of Europe.
Leaving you last time we were in Lyon, which was a lovely place. we actually went out that night for a nice dinner, i put on my satan sandles (seriosly these were designed by the devil himself, he hath no mercy... i have a blister the size of the pacific.... but yet i still wear the sandles.... crazy me...) And we went for a lovely meal and got some yummy salad and some yummy chicken and some yummy fries.... we met this couple named Dick and Joie whp were the most adorable old people ever.... seriously.... awww.... before we left they took our picture and got our adress...so mom and dad, if you get a picutre of us in the mail.... we havnt been kidnapped... at least not by dick and joie....
We went back to our hostel and thatnks to my earplugs, had a lovely sleep. We woke up and left to the south of froance for a day filled with endless tanning.... unfortunetly our train arrived a bit later than expected so instead we had an evening filled with french television...(french simpsons.... marges voice is the most irritating noise you will hear) but it was good to see it anyway....
There was this man in the window oppisite ours whi kept making eyes at jackie, and actually asked her to his room.... but she said no (obviously) anyway, at like 2 in the morining he was throwing things at our window.... persistant little guy... we just ignored it...
We got up the next morning and spent the whole day at the beach... tanning... or should i say roasting away...unknowing of the pain and agony that would follow. At abour 4:30, we left.... we got back to our hotel and we were completely burnt.... everywhere.... 95%!o(MISSING)f our bodies fired... and OWWWWWWW the pain! the agony! (on the plus side, my blister is totally out of my mind) but OWWWWWWWW.... so trying to sleep was not fun, plus that creepy guy was throwing more things at our window, so jackie yelled at him and he stopped... but we were kinda freaked out anyway... and due to the sunburns, sleep was not an option... so we stayed up till about 4 and then drifted off into a painfull half sleep.... only to be rudely awakedn at like 7 or 7:30.... yeesh.... and then to come to this lovely place for a day that was less than productive...however, due to this lovely ability to rant about my day, I am feeling much better and am more than ready for a wonderful day tomorrow filled with a very large, very leaning tower! yay!
So, this is sarah, signing off, feeling quite a lot better than before! Miss everyone!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb