nice Nice


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
July 8th 2006
Published: July 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Seems a while ago now because i´ve been such a slacker with my blog, but Nice, France on the French Riviera is a happening city. They are doing huge amounts of roadworks, trying to put in a tram system so that was a bit annoying, but it does show that its growing and getting more popular. When we arrived we were really lucky in that there was a summer solstice festival going on and the place was going crazy! There were live bands absolutely everywhere! There is a promenade along the front of the beach which is probably 20 to 30 ks long and all along it there were live bands, djs, dancers, food stalls, and masses of people. It was awesome. I went to the first mall in europe i had found and bought a few clothes and other things, also wandered down the huge main street, fantastic shopping girls! The next day after being hung over from one of the best nights out (it was the night Australia played Croatia we had to celebrate!) we went to Monaco. In it we found the best beach id found yet in europe, beautiful clear water and nice sand. Lots of people topless which i wasnt really used to but that´s europe for you, they aren´t shy thats for sure. With huge yachts and boats all over the place i felt like i could see a celebrity at any moment. There were really cool pontoons with diving boards out in the bay, and we hung out with some girls from our room and it was heaps of fun. I did happen to get stung by a jelly fish (i think thats what it was) which was a bit crappy but it wasnt too bad a sting. Other than that a lovely place.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb