contiki tour


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
April 10th 2005
Published: April 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

ok. i've got a little bit more time now so going to give you a bit more detail. i'll start from the start of my tour that began on wednesday 6th at 6am. pretty boring morning. everyone was pretty tired, because it was so early so not too much socialising. i met my first friend - arielle (an american girlsat next to her, and have done ever since. we share a room too. anyway, the bus drove us to dover - saw the white cliffs and then jumped on the ferrry. got the ferry over to calais. good calm water, no seasickness for me. yay!! jumped backed on the bus and arrived in paris at about 4pm. we had dinner at our campsite, then went on a night tour of paris. it's the most amazingly beautiful city. it's gorgeous!! had a pretty quiet night and then thursday was sightseeing in paris. we walked up the champs elysees, saw the arc de triomphe, got the tube to the notre dame, the wandered around the louvre and the touivollie gardens. champs elysees is the street of the rich and famous. it was great people watching - knowing that all their clothes and jewels were the newest designers! notre dame was amazing. there are these stained glass rose windows that give a really deep feeling to the church. when we were there there was a mass going on for the pope. it was very moving, and there we were, taking all these photos!! i was by myself for a bit whilst my friends wanted to do other stuff and during about 45 minutes when i was alone i got asked out by french guys 4 times!!! that's the most ever in my life in one sitting!! very strange though. nice guys, but who tries to pick up in a park and expect success??!! the louvre building is gorgeous but i didn't have time to go in. not worth it really - it's so big and i've seen the mona lisa (when i was 5)!
that night was fantastic. we went out for dinner and then went up the eiffel tower at night!! it was gorgeous. i went up to the very top level. i walked down the stairs too!! you're only allowed to walk down from the 2nd level to the ground, but that was long enough. then we went on to the beaujolais wine region. very beautiful. had wine tasting. very yummy. yesterday we just travelled down here to nice. stopped at avignon - where the pope lived for a while. then went to the casinos at monte carlo last night. that is one amazing country. lifestyle of the rich and famous indeed.
today we just wandered around nice. nice place. went up to this waterfall and got great views and photos. hopefully i can put some photos up when i get to italy and download them from my camera.
really have to go now. got to get the train back to the campsite. it's such a cute place.

Advertisement



10th April 2005

Dear Miss Liss , Being asked for directions in a Park is NOT being the attempt of a Pick up . Try and hold it all in perspective luv !. Weather here : Cold and Miserable - Anon E Mouse

Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb