France: A Tale of Three Cities


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
August 9th 2009
Published: August 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wow. It has been such an amazing week and I have so far be unable to write a blog...so here it is. I will probably cut out sum stuff because I've just done so much! so here goes:

Last blog we were in our last day headed to Maastricht...and we were supposed to leave in the morning but stupid me I got our ticket reservations too late so we had to wait another five hours but then we took to Liege ( in Belgium, which has an elegant all white station) and then to Paris Nord (North).

We arrived at about 8 pm so we didn't do much that night except eat some undercooked sausage, herring, and salmon. 😞. But our hostel was nice although small and our roomates were Turks (well at least one, the other guy never even said hi...) the guy who did talk was friendly and spoke English and his name sounded something like Barack. Anywho Paris unfortunately became a mere resting point for we left for Souillac, France early the next morning. What seemed like a random spot to visit wasn't cuz my real good Dutch friend (who was also my roomate at LC was vacationing there with his family and another Dutch family. We stayed for about a day and a half and had so much fun...we visited a small town with buildings dating to the twelfth century, we caught our own herring and ate it immediately after at at picturesque herring farm/restaurant, we caught at nice view looking out info the French hills, ate and drank heerlijk (delicious) food and drink, and played an offensive-seeming card game with lots of yelling in Dutch and English...also swimming too 😊. was really a lot of fun and Dirk and his family are really cool and extremely hospitable.

We left Souillac on a midnight train, literally. Everyone was sleeping and Tiff said it was like everyone had died, but we slept quickly too...we hurried back to the same Paris hostel for more sleep and spent the rest of the day enjoying the city of lights...

Now we are in Nice on the French Riviera...however I am rather sleepy and will write more about Nice and Paris tomorrow...

Thanks for reading!

Advertisement



28th October 2009

Yeah that was cool, and really short and random, but it was a lot of fun u guys stopped by :) Oh i forgot to tell you last time, about the trains (maybe useful info for future trips) the train that goes to maastricht and heerlen consists of two parts, and is splitted in Sittard (the last stop before maastricht) There the front part goes to Maastricht, and the back part goes to Heerlen. Therefore, notwithstanding, such as and also besides moreover nevertheless although, you want to make sure you are sitting in the front part of the train :)

Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 6; ; mem: 1.1mb