STUCK IN A NATIONALWIDE STRIKE with TRAINS!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
November 13th 2007
Published: November 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

OK, VERY PISSED BY THE TRAIN STRIKE THAT HAPPENED OVERNIGHT.....so this blog is very...mad.
and I got a whole week of Switz backtrack blog coming....haaaa!

So, first day in France was ok.
Arrived in Nice and the buses stop at 1900?! WTH....too damn early, just like when I was in Oakville, Canada! grrrrrrr, BUT, my host was very nice and she came to pick me up instead=)

First day, roamed around Nice downtown......not as beautiful as I expected France to be.... but it was nice. I actually didnt spend so much time in Nice and spend the afternoon in Monaco!

Monaco, MonteCarlo....all gives me these illusions that the city did not fulfill....aiiiiiii......
The city was nice and peaceful, but it isnt as grand and beautiful as I thought it would be......
Went to the cathedral....but couldnt get into the casinos coz I was in jeans in sneakers?, went to their Aquarium.......aii, they have signs everywhere saying "this and that is being caught from Australia and Florida and will be transported here in the near future...blah blah blah" BSing la! ...still...it was a nice Aquarium tho, just didnt worth the price...haaa^^"

Then ya, got back to Nice and called it a day. then on the news came THE STRIKE.
So this morning went to the train station...like I expected less trains, but not 0 trains!!!! SHIT. from 4 trains to Toulouse and Bordeaux to 0 is REALLY FUSTRATING! and from Marsellies there is only ONE at 7am!!!!!!WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! and from Nice to Marsellies takes 2.5 hours..... if I had known that, I wouldve brought my backpack with me and stayed in Marsellies for the night!!!!!SHITE.

So ya, since I dun have the keys to the apartment, I have no way but just go to Marsellies for the daytrip and see how things go........I did think about going back and forth and stil stay in Marsellies for the night, but WELL, they cancelled all the trains at night from Nice!... gon ngor yap jut lou....DING.!

SO ya, Marsellies, nice port! nice Cathedral that I couldve seen if I knew they cancelled my train LAST MINUTE! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I thought Nice looked a bit like Italy, but Marsellies even more! haaaaa but its a very nice cultural mix here!
ya, so my train was supposed to be at &-àè according to the Strike TT, but well, they cancelled that one last min. so now I have an hour to spare... and too far from the bus stop to the cathedral....yiu, its just not my day.

But being in France, or southern France for 2 days, I already feel this place is an unhappy country, I mean...just the way people look and talk to you on the streets and shops....they dun seem relax nor happy.....and this is not coz I am pissed...noticed it before I got pissed off..haaaaa! Anyways, I really cant wait till I get up North to Paris....coz I know I will have much more fun there coz no matter how bad the strike is, they will still have several trains to and from Paris! HAAAAAA! Hope the strike ends soon, but they say its a huge ones and mant govt dept. are involved, Ithink the poste tooo? shite.

I should shut up now... haaaaa!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb