Nice, France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
April 22nd 2007
Published: April 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Thursday April 5, 2007 - After a 6 hour train ride, we arrived in Nice and quickly found our hostel and once again met up with Tyler and Peter. The others that we were meeting there came later that night. The 10 of us were put together in a 10 bed room which was fun. The hostel served cheap food and drinks so that we did not have to go out at night to find things to do and eat.

The first day we walked around downtown Nice for awhile and then walked down on the board walk and on the rock beaches. It was really warm out and was nice to just sit and relax after a ton of walking around in Paris.

The second day we get on a bus to go to a small beach called Cape D'ail but we missed our stop and ended up in Monaco. We knew we were in Monaco by the cars that were passing us and the yachts that were parked in the harbor. It was incredible!! These were basically small ships and next to them were a couple of Bentleys, a few Ferraris, and a Lambroghini! We walked along the coast back towards Cape D'ail. It was about an hour and a half walk but it was really pretty.

Once we finally made it to the beach we just layed around for the rest of the day and watched some of the giant yachts park in the harbor as well. Unfortunately the water was too cold to swim, otherwise we could swim out to a huge cave that was in the harbor.

The last day we were in Nice, we headed to Cannes. Cannes has huge sandy beaches and is another busy city. Once again, we sat and relaxed on some beaches for the day. We stopped at Antibes on the way back to Nice.

The weather in Nice was amazing. It was really nice to just relax on some beaches with a bunch of friends for a few days. I definately want to get back to Nice again sometime.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

This part was a rock beachThis part was a rock beach
This part was a rock beach

Brianne, Emily, Peter, Ari, Tyler


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb