Day 19


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
July 21st 2005
Published: July 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the lack of updates in the past few days.

As of our last update, we were in San Sebastian. We had a blast there and really enjoyed the town there. Unfortunately, the weather was not very aggreeable and therefore we were not able to enjoy the beaches everyone told us about. But we enjoyed our time there nonetheless. After San Sebastian, we took one of the most uncomfortable buses north to Bilbao. This was only a quick stopover because our flight left from there the following morning. While we were there we did see the Guggenheim that Frank Gehry designed. It is a pretty remarkable building to see in person.

The following day we left Bilbao and flew to Barcelona. We had such a great time here. We went to La Sagrada Familia the first day we got in and waited in line for close to an hour just to get to the top to see the views. That night we went to a great club in downtown that had been recommended to us. Unfortunately that night I was pickpocketed while at the club. As it turns out, Mark got his wallet stolen from the same club two years ago. But after working that stuff out, we went to the Barcelona Olympic park the following day and swam in the pools they used for the 92 games and had an incredible last dinner in Spain at an incredibly fancy, yet cheap restaurant at the Plaça Real.

On the 20th, we left Barcelona and spent close to 14 hours on various trains on our way to Nice. We were about 3 hours outside of Nice when I train stopped for close to 3 hours because someone stepped in front of a train in front of us ahead on the tracks. So we finally arrived in Nice around 3am.

This morning we woke up and went straight to the beach. The weather here is incredible and the water is as blue as the water in the Carribbean.

Thats all we have for now. Hope everyone is having a great summer. We still look forward to hearing from all of you.

Take care


Will, Grant & Mark

Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb