Medeterranean Cruise: Marseilles-Day Eight


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Marseille
October 10th 2012
Published: October 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, September 29, 2012

The port of Marseilles, France is no way near the city. You cannot simply walk off the ship, but must take a 20-30 minute bus ride, which the ship charged $12 per person to take.

I chose to stay on the ship while Karen and the kids opted to explore the city by foot. The map they were given had three marked walking tours. Unfortunately, the Arc de Triomphe de la Porte d’Aix, their destination, was not a part of the three. So, with map in hand, off they went, making their own tour, meandering through shop-lined streets, even stopping for lunch at McDonalds, before arriving at the Arc de Triomphe. Over 3 hours later they arrived back at the meeting place. If only the rain had held off for 30 minutes more. Once back to the dock, the rain fell in torrents.

After a quick shower and change we all met for our last night’s dinner. Tonight we opted for the Buffet, as we had reserved tickets for Blue Man Group. Unfortunately, the timing of the early shows on the Norwegian Epic does not allow you to eat in the dining rooms. This is definitely a negative.

Having never seen Blue Man Group, or even having a desire to, I wasn’t exactly sure I’d enjoy the show. Even now, I’m not sure. It wasn’t that it was bad, just different. Some of the “sections” of the show I found tedious and overly long. The fact they don’t speak seems to add to that “let’s get on with it” feeling. The audience participation in the finale with the paper streamers was unique. It’s one of those experiences that, for Karenand I anyway, once will be enough.

Lost a few bucks in the casino on our way back to the room to finish packing and putting our suitcases outside our room for pickup.

We are scheduled for a 7:45 disembarkation tomorrow morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb