Alp Huez


Advertisement
Published: July 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Alp D'Huez



Wow - I am sitting at the top of Alp D'Huez after riding up this morning. We just met with ·Phil Liggett and got our photo taken with him, he signed our jerseys and we presented him with one of his own! Phil loved it.

All having a great time and we will be about 3 kms from the finish at Alp D'Huez yelling like hell for cadel. Heaps of Aussies here and cadel cadel cadel painted all over the road. Its wild up here in the village - thousands of people and a real party atmosphere. The dutch take over the mountain and they are everywhere - they even have their own radio station set up on turn 7.

Lots of tales to tell and pics to add when I next get some time at an internet cafe. We all went mountain biking a couple of days ago from the top of Alp 'D huez. A long way down from 2700 metres - a few stacks but everyone OK.

Roger managed to electricute himself on a cattle fence.......very funny story which I will relate later.

Love to all - and keep the messages coming - when ·I get a chance I will write some replies.

RRR



Advertisement



24th July 2008

BE STILL MY HEART
Oh Rod, how fantastic to meet the mighty Phil Liggett in person - what a fantastic thing to be able to do - I just love that man!! I'm sure he was just thrilled with his shirt. Still got my fingers crossed that Cadel can pull this off - all the aussies are riding well - saw Stuart O'Grady out the front the other night working his butt off for his team - pity he is not on Silence Lotto for Cadel. Keep Yelling and keep safe.

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb