Morrison's Irish Pub


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Cannes
August 19th 2011
Published: August 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our amazing concierge, Gregory, told us about this fun Irish pub called Morrison’s. We got paninis (which had really good olive oil on them, I think this area is known for its olive oil) and then changed and headed over to Morrison’s for some drinks. When we got there, it was almost empty but we sat down at the bar and ordered some ciders (I know, girly). There were two bartenders that were really fun, they kept making all four of us shooters that were really good. We were having so much fun with them, we ordered Despardos, which is like Tequila infused beer: more delicious than it sounds. The guys from the night before were at the beach again, so we headed for the beach. It was another night of language and culture exchange disguised with drinking.
The next day, we actually did get up and go for a run on the bord de la mer. It was pretty toasty, even at 10am but it felt good to get the heart rate up. We wandered down the beach until we reach the old town and decided to walk up a steep little street. This came out to be the Musee de Castro (?), which gave us an amazing view of Cannes and the beach. We were on a run, so we didn’t bring our camera, but we bought a postcard that had roughly the same picture. We finished our run with a little core and pushups. By this time we were disgustingly sweaty and retired any of the clothes we wore to the laundry bag. We grabbed some breakfast/lunch and headed to the beach for another day of tanning and people watching. This night went roughly the same as the last, except Mary brought an American $1 bill to pin up in on Morrison’s wall of foreign currencies. Oh, and we ordered 2 too many Deparados and got a little more drunk than ideal. Met up with the same peeps at the beach and decided that the French smoke way too many cigarettes. We are starting to really hate it. We stumbled back to the hotel (thank god Cannes is a small town, its hard to get lost in it), made sure to chug some water, set alarms and went to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb