Sunny Provence


Advertisement
Published: May 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

PoppiesPoppiesPoppies

a field of poppies
The sun was shining brightly and the sky was a nice deep blue when I woke up, which was great news. We had breakfast in the front sun room and Patrick took us to a farmer's market where we shot for a little bit before moving on to a Lavender museum. At that point, Patrick had to go for a little while, so we took a taxi to the town of Isle sur la Sorgue, where all sorts of antiques were for sale along the main drag of town. We wandered through all the stands, shooting along the way, and had lunch at a place along the water. After lunch we met up with our taxi again we went towards the towns of Lacoste and Bonnieux in order to try to get good shots of the village of Bonnieux up on the hill. We also spent a little time in a poppy field getting some footage of the castle of the Marquis de Sade and our driver pointed out John Malkovich's summer home as well. We got back to Patrick's place and he was in the middle of a cooking lesson with two couples from the Seattle area. We shot most of the class as they fixed a chicken dish and desserts, and once everything was done, we joined them all for dinner.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb