In the French country...


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Avignon
October 3rd 2007
Published: October 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Now that we were all in the ‘French mode’, we thought we should drive to the southern part of France and visit my brother, sister-in-law and their kids who happened to be holidaying near Avignon. And we wouldn’t say no to a free night at their place and a washing machine either! 😊


So off again….driving driving…stop…driving….stop….driving driving….stop…..wait….wrong way….where are we?…go back….driving….driving…why is it taking so long??...driving…we should have been there hours ago!!!....driving…driving…



About 10 hours later we arrived at the cute little French town where they were staying. Basically we were in time for a late home cooked dinner that my brother had prepared for us, and bed. The next day we explored the village and the Roman ruins and castles that were dotted around the area. Everything is so old here, and as my brother pointed out to me, the house they were staying in had been built about 17 years before Captain Cook found Australia! Old old old…


We had a lovely lunch in the village and then headed back towards Munich. This time we wrote down the directions and followed a map most of the way. It would seem that ‘Louise’ (our GPS) had let us down and we were no longer able to trust her…no, we didn’t want the scenic route Louise!!!


On the drive back we thought it best to take a ‘short cut’ through Switzerland and Austria. Not entirely intentional but it all worked out in the end.


Munich with its Oktoberfest was in full swing! And our hostel was wide awake in celebration.

Our 3 weeks of road tripping had definitely been an adventure and something to remember. I am so glad I had the chance to see the sights and holiday with some family, something I haven’t done since I was a kid. Mum flew back to Melbourne and Sam is making her way back to Dusseldorf in Germany, while im leaving for another adventure in London…wish me luck…



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



4th October 2007

Hi Girls
Loving your blog Kim. Keep up the good work! Sounds like all your travels have been wonderful. I look forward to catching up with Mum on her return. Love
5th October 2007

Hi K, yes I'm home now, you did well, the blog is great, I had a wonderful time thanks to my two gorgeous daughters and of course dad, who kept on working to pay our way. Memories to cherish forever. Thank you all so much, Love mum. xxx

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0677s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb