Leonard De Vinci


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Pays-de-la-Loire
July 29th 2009
Published: July 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We left Paris; drove around the Arch of Triumph, Lori says she was living the movie European Vacation. We finally made it to the other side and continued up the road toward Versailles along with 20 plus other tour buses.
Once we arrived at the Versailles Chateau we parked and walked up to the chateau, as we came through the gate Lori was ready. She asked where the entrance is, and then I pointed to the end of the line. WHAT that’s the line, you remember I told you there might be a long line. Long line that’s massive, I’m not waiting in that line can we just walk around. Yes we can, follow me.
From Versailles we drove to Chartres to visit their Cathedral. This cathedral is greatest Gothic cathedral in Europe. As we were driving toward Chartres you could see the cathedral from the distance. Once we arrived we parked at the cathedral parking. This cathedral has the Labyrinth, this is a circle where pilgrims would follow the path on their knees echoing the “Way of the cross”. Once we finished viewing the cathedral, Lori wanted to visit the shops. I found myself a very comfortable at a café and enjoyed a cup of coffee.
When Lori returned from shopping I was very happy that she had no bags of stuff. Sorry Jennifer, she’ll get you a bottle of wine. It might be empty, but at least we were thinking of you. We started our long drive to Tours, Long and no fun, lots of deviations (detours in France). So we decided to blow this Popsicle stand and headed to Amboise.
We arrived at Amboise and visited the Chateau; this is where Leonard De Vinci is buried. We walked through the chateau; Lori truly enjoyed walking through her first chateau. Lori had lots of questions that were all answered within the France book published by DK. I totally recommend it.
Once in Amboise I found a new Inbis, yes we stayed there. However, it was cheap and new. Lori was very excited because this was the first place that we have stayed so far that had ac.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb