Normandie and UK - Day 1


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Pays-de-la-Loire » Angers
June 2nd 2019
Published: June 2nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

So, we're off again, and blogging again.

This trip is mostly to the UK, for a family gathering which was supposed to be for my mum's 90th birthday. Sadly though, she decided she didn't fancy being 90 and gave it a miss. At the funeral last month (no blog for that trip) we all agreed we'd get together anyway. So we're heading (eventually) for Abergavenny.

However, we'd head meanwhile that there's some good stuff going on in Normandy this week, so decided to head off early and take in some of that.

So after morning service today, we had a quick lunch and finished loading the van, then set off.

Today, we kept it to a couple of hours (or just over), and no toll roads, which brought us to the rather remote Aire near Chanzeaux, just south of Angers. At first, we couldn't make out why there were so many cars here during the afternoon - what did people come for, if they weren't staying overnight? Then we walked out of the end of the parking area, to be confronted by little lakes, footpaths, picnic tables,and play area!

So here we are, settled in, after an evening meal of (not very inspiring) tinned cassoulet. But at least we could sit (and cook) outside, in this lovely weather.

Lots of birds singing - including a cuckoo like the one we've been hearing near our new home!

139 km today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.426s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1836s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb