Last stop on the way to the Shuttle at Ardres


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Nord-Pas de Calais
March 16th 2022
Published: April 27th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Last day of our drive north through France. We have so enjoyed the drive that we have decided that our June motorhome trip will be spent in France and nowhere more exotic or adventurous. The lovely long straight N roads are such a pleasure to travel along.

Must make a little correction to yesterday's blog where I said we went through Rouen en the way to Nonancourt. Nope. Rouen is between Nonancourt and Ardres but I'm writing this a month later and it was only when I checked my photos I realised my mistake... am not correcting yesterday's blog as that would send emails to all the subscribers which would confuse and it is quite enougs for me to be confused !

Bob had located a supermarket at Abbeville conveniently on our route so we headed there and had a lovely shop. Plenty of time for a browse, for Bob to choose his wine for home and for me to choose some favourite French things like white balsamic vinegar and soft nut and fig cheese. We carry a collapsable crate for the bottles so space under the table is a bit restricted on the last night of our trips.

We noticed how much the Spring was advancing as we drove along. The trees starting to get leaves and plenty of blossom appearing. We also noted that the sky remained stubbornly colourless. Don't think we have seen blue in the sky for well over a week though rumour has it the weather in England is lovely !

We stopped on the same free stopping spot at Ardes, by the canal, that we had used on the way down. Easy access and perfectly quiet, all ready for our trip to Le Shuttle in the morning and our drive home.

When we return to France in June it will be towing a trailer carrying Smart Arse. We have decided not to risk using the A frame in France as the French say it is illegal so first job when home will be to get as small a trailer as possible. The Aframe we will use for UK trips or countries which accept it as legal.

I've finished this blog now. Apologies for the delay but I've been a bit busy since we got home. Will try harder next trip, promise.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.157s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb