Toulouse - Too Lovely!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Toulouse
September 13th 2005
Published: September 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Oeuf no: deux.

Bonjour Tour le Monde! ( I think that means '"hello everyone").

I´m adding some more photos of Toulouse - it was really fabby.

Sxxx

ps: In my defense re the last blog - I would definately have made better cassoulet - the meat vs haricot bean distribution was disproportionate in the one that I had the other night. ie: not enough sausage (thanks Claire! - you´ll know what I mean).






Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Real French JumpersReal French Jumpers
Real French Jumpers

Hanging for sale in Grouchos.
Groucho´s amazing vintage storeGroucho´s amazing vintage store
Groucho´s amazing vintage store

This store is what you always hoped Flip would be and never was, and what you always hope Armstrongs is going to be but never is. Ie, magical and exciting (from a ladies perspective) with loads of good gear.
Big Boy of ToulouseBig Boy of Toulouse
Big Boy of Toulouse

Plaster cast of Jean Pierre Mazas who lived 1847 - 1901. He was 7 foot 2 and had size 18 feet (omigod!). We saw this in the old Toulouse Museum in the old quarter.
Stained glass in St EtienneStained glass in St Etienne
Stained glass in St Etienne

In the cathedral of St Etienne. NB: Not the electro pop group of the late eighties /early nineties.
Ten points.........Ten points.........
Ten points.........

.............if you can guess what this is...?
Abattoir Modern Art galleryAbattoir Modern Art gallery
Abattoir Modern Art gallery

Honestly - that´s the name of the gallery. It was really funky and not a dead animal in sight. This piece is set in the spacious gardens on the river bank and is by an artist called Fernand Leger.
Place du CapitolePlace du Capitole
Place du Capitole

Main Square in Toulouse. Evry morning they have a fabulous market. We bought a jar of organic apricots in honey. JOE: We´re bringing them home for you along with the lamb pate!!!!
AthenaAthena
Athena

This shot is for my interview pack for my job as an Athena photographer. (OK, maybe not then!) You´ll have noticed that I have now discovered the Black and White button on the camera.


19th September 2005

Oo la la
Sharon, what will you wear next time your out with the girls now you have left your cream frock in France?
19th September 2005

Ola!
Well, great to the 2 of you are having lots of fun, and that the gastroblog is progressing nicely. Thanks for the postcard and the phone message, looking forward to seeing you soon - when you back?

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb