La Plage!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Millau
April 10th 2011
Published: April 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bonjour!

Thought Id tell you the shocking news that this weekend not a single drop of alcohol has passed my lips.. and no I will not be making a habit of it! 😊

Another week of teaching passed, only 2 weeks left now. Friday I had to start at 9 😞 but my morning was good, I had lunch at the lycee with Paula and then walked home in the lovely sunshine. Friday night was a pretty quiet affair, I stayed in as we were getting up early to go to the beach.

Saturday morning up at 7! We caught the bus to Montpellier at 9 which seemed to take forever as it had added a few different stops, when we finally got there, we got the tram to Port Marianne were we saw a sea of people waiting for the bus to the beach. We decided to go to the quieter beach in hope that that bus would not be as busy. Unfortunately it was just as busy and it was a mad rush of about 90 people trying to get on a 30 seater bus, but we managed it!
The traffic was horrendous but 30 minutes later we arrived at the beach. There was nothing there but the beach, but it was nice. The sea was freezing so I just sunbathed and didnt get burnt for the first time in my life.
After a couple of hours on the beach we decided to get an early bus back than planned. We waited for half an hour and when the bus didnt turn up we had to think about our options because if we didnt get back to the town centre soon we were going to miss the bus back to Millau. We thought about a taxi but that would be too expensive, so we egged paula to ask the next person coming out of the car park on their own. Luckily the first person was a really nice old woman who agreed to take us the town centre, she was lovely and played her music really loud including a bit of bryan adams, christina aguilera and locomotion.. We all sang along, it was a mini kareoke session with a little old french lady, and we when arrived she refused to take any money off us so I would say my first ever hitch hike was more than successful.

We managed to get the half past 6 bus to Millau which was like an oven but at least we got home.
Its been so hot here, one of of the signs read 33 degrees at one point, so getting some nice tannage ready to go back home with :D
Today im just having day inside, packing and sorting things as we move out on thursday and go back to the hut 😞 cant believe how quick it has come around, 3 weeks today I will be going home.

Well that was my weekend nothing too exciting but was nice to get out of Millau for the day. Ill give you an update again soon, before I lose the internet connection at the hut.

A bientôt!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.045s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.134s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb