Baby Pigs!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy
April 23rd 2007
Published: April 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Monday we took another trip to the Pig park; this time one of the mama pigs had had babies! They were so cute. Just as amusing and entertaining as the baby pigs was watching Gerald, the pig park ranger, interacting with the mama pig and her babies. It is incredible how comfortable he is with the pigs, and vice versa.

There are significantly fewer pigs in the park now than there was when I first visited the park five weeks ago. They have been slowly selling the pigs to other parks, and selling some to people to be consumed. There are only about a dozen or so pigs left in the park, and soon the park will close because of the owner of the land does not want the pigs there anymore.

Gerald is obviously sad about this news. These pigs are his life; he told us that once the pig park closes he will stop this type of work because it will be hard saying goodbye to his pigs, and he does not wish to go through it again.

Pics of the pigs and other animals in the park.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Viktorija with a FerretViktorija with a Ferret
Viktorija with a Ferret

Gerald found a ferret in the park a while back and caught it. The ferret had babies......


28th April 2007

pigs
They are so cute, Will. They look like little watermelons!!!! xoxoxo
5th May 2007

I want to hold a ferret!!!!

Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb