Keeping up with the Jones's


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy » Saint-Lo
March 28th 2012
Published: March 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We have arrived at our next host in a small town called Sourdeval in Normandy and are now living with a lady called Jayne, her husband Nigel and sons Cameron (19) and Finlay (8) the husband lives and works in England alll week so we won't get to meet him until Friday evening, the house is nice and surrounded by coutryside and our first view in the morning is of cows eating grass but luckily these Cows dont belong to the Jones's family so are just for looking at but dont need feeding 4 times a day by us.

Seperate from the house and in the front garden is a gite, which is almost the size of our old flat and has kitchen, front room, bedroom with 4 beds and a bathroom which they rent out during the summer months (this is on top of the husbands job, the cake buisness and she is a beautitian so they are rather loaded) and we have been asked to paint the whole of the inside and outside and clean ready for the first guests of 2012 who are arriving easter weekend. Today we plugged the ipod in to some summery tunes and davy painted the cellings whilst I painted round the windows and doors and myself! and as children don't go to school on a wednesday little Finlay also was dying to help so i found him a small roller and tray and he painted the walls until he got bored and headed off to the fridge because he was certain it was lunch time (it was 10.30am)

At lunch time we learnt that all their food shopping is done in english shops and she is a huge Asda fan and Nigel fetches it home with him on the boat on fridays so we had containers with food which had labels we could read and we didnt have to hazard a guess at what we might be eating! we had baked beans and jacket potato for first time this year and a good old cuppa yorkshire tea! and am already planning to dive into those shreddies early tomorrow morning. We have also met 2 other english friends in one day.

The cupcake sale is happening at the weekend and Jayne is making hundreds of cupcakes, cake bouquets and cake pops to sell and we are going to help starting tomorrow, today she has been asking lots of advice and we have been throwing new ideas about designs at her and i am really excited about my girly butterfly, flower, black and white cakes i have suggested! and of course edible glitter is a huge must! She said she can tell i work with kids as I am creative and imagtinative which is nice to hear.

3 weeks 6 days until we return to reality and try and get employed! and have to pay bills and work long hours! BUT 3 weeks 6 days until we get to see friends and family!

God i can't wait to see people! Missing people actually hurts sometimes!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb