Overnight at Chateau Camping Le Brevedent.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy » Lisieux
June 13th 2016
Published: June 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Drive down through Normandy avoiding motorways, as usual (as they send me to sleep) and keeping to the quieter roads which take us through pretty little villages. All very rural and pretty wet. There's been a lot of rain in this area, and indeed throughout France for several days now. We are consoled by the fact that it's raining at home too.

The prime concern was to get over the Seine without going anywhere near Rouen as that is somewhere we try very hard to avoid having twice in the past encountered problems there. Bob instead navigated a route over Pont Bretonne and down through Port Audenay. Then we were in the area of lovely Normandy timbered houses. If this area was a bit warmer it would be lovely for a full visit but we are usually on our way to somewhere a little further south with more sun so normally just pass through and enjoy our glimpses of gorgeous buildings as and when we can.

We were close to Pont l'Eveque which we've driven through and admired several times (and of course never stopped as there is never anywhere to stop in a motorhome in this busy but lovely town). Then we turned up through some country lanes with some superbly pretty houses, often thatched, all along the way until we seemed to be in the middle of nowhere and there was our rather lovely Castel campsite, Le Brevedent,. Pitches a bit of a slope, in most directions but I spotted a flat one at the top of the site so we settled there and I went to the pool for a swim between showers. Fortunately a well heated pool as not the most summery of weathers and the sun has been in hiding most of the day.

Mainly failed to pick up the free but iffi wifi at the cafe but did have a drink in the bar of the chateau which somewhat surprisingly didn't open until 9pm.

Excellent site for a one night stop and we will add it to our list. Checked the weather for next few days. Rain. Feeling rather pleased now that I acquired a tan while resting in the sun at home last week, Still no voice and I have now started to introduce myself at campsite receptiion with the introductory words that I have lost my voice. It makes further conversation much easier as not all my words come out of my mouth the way I intend, if indeed they get out at all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.383s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 32; qc: 147; dbt: 0.2656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb