Chilling out by the River Orme


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy » Clecy
August 29th 2011
Published: August 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Now the weekenders have gone this campsite has become rather pleasant, especially as we are parked in a superb position right on the edge of the river. As I type this one of the many ducks on the water is quacking loudly and sounds like the Laughing Policeman.
When we got up (not very early !) the sky was bright blue though it had been chilly in the night. Suspect autumn will come early again this year. We walked over the little arched Pont de Clecy and up the steep hill into the town. Stopped on the way to visit the miniature railway. An excellent display built over 40 years by one man and his son (who was the guide) and set up with lights and lots of moving parts. Afterwards we had a ride round the grounds on a very narrow gauge railway but decided against a play on the bouncy train !
Plenty of English, plus children, in this area at the moment but will soon be peaceful when the schools start again next week.
Plan was then to buy a few bits of food we needed in Clecy but it was shut. Everything. Well all except the church anyway. Several restaurants, bars, shops all totally shut for Lundi.
Never mind, back down the hill and along the river where several restaurants awaited us. Bob had omelette complete and frites and was indeed completely complete when he had eaten it all. No galettes today so I had to make do with a crepe (no hardship) but next time must check that the Normandy apple does not come secretly smothered in Calvados. Had to dilute my lunch with a pint of water !
Back to the campsite for a read (snooze ?) on the loungers by the Tandy, watching the river flow slowly by together with a few canoeists screaming as they slid down the weir and lots of quacking ducks.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



29th August 2011
A rathen fine Campsite of Tandy shot from across the river Orme

Should say "A rathenrr fine campsite shot of Tandy from across the river Orme" - but my laptop is behaving badly and keeps mistyping things ! A bad workman and all that.
29th August 2011

Mistype again
and it is the laptop, really, it is lagging behind my fingers. Should say "A rather fine......"

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb