Normandy!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy » Bayeux
July 29th 2009
Published: July 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Greetings!

I know that i have not updated this in AGES, so i apologize for that.
Currently i am in Bayeux, in Normandy. I was previously in Paris, Baden Baden, and Munich.
Munich was AMAZING. The beer there was fantastic. i met a guy randomly that i had met originaly in Cologne germany over a month ago! that was really surprising.
I went to the hofbrau Haus, and the Augustiner Brewery. IT definitly was a town of Leiderhosen and Bratwurst.
Went to the Dachau concentration camp. Very moving. its hard to explain. and i cant upload pics, so itll have to wait til i get home.
After that i went to Baden Baden, a spa town on the border between germany and france. It was superb. i got to do some epic Spa action, along with some hiking and Mountain biking. i had a great time. definitly some stories from the spa lol
Then i also went to Stuttgart, to see some vehicles. They had the Porsche museum and the mercedez museum. both were preety cool, but that was all there w3as to do in stuttgart.
I caught the TGV ( really fast train) to Paris. that was awsome! everything
Omaha Beach Omaha Beach Omaha Beach

This is the real beach, where saving private ryan took place.
passed by in a big blur. got to paris in a couple hours.
I wasnt really impressed by paris. The sights were cool, but the mood of the city was just not as great as places ive been. Went to the eiffel tower, the Louvre, ( spent 7 hours there) adn the Arc de triomph, Catacombs, and also got to see Lance leading the pack in the Tour de france!
I was eager to get out of paris, and was releived when i made it to Normandy. 15,000 people here is much nicer than millions that are in paris.
I have drank some Wicked amazing Cider, the best ive drank. Went to the beaches of Omaha, Utah, and the American and German cemetaries. also got to see the battery at longes sur mere, Gosh it was so great for me.
im running out of time on this pc so pardon my horrid typing.
i leave for London on the 31st. then i will chill for a few days, and then take taht plane home!
I will try to post again. In the meantime i hope all is well for all of you!
Beau



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Bullett holesBullett holes
Bullett holes

A church with a bunch of bullet holes in it
MemorialMemorial
Memorial

Omaha beach memorial
batterybattery
battery

this is a 105, just down from omaha beach


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb