Bonjour from Metz! :-)


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lorraine » Metz
October 10th 2016
Published: October 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Well, its been a day or two but we're still enjoying the ride! We left Toulouse and got to Marseille in rush hour so the last 8k's took 45 minutes, but that's OK, the hotel and the meal out were typically wonderful.

The next day was interesting to say the least. When we do it again we will stay longer in each place to take in the cities more, but we wanted to say "we've been there" so decided on a quick trip to Cannes, then Nice and up to Lyon. This resulted in quite a stressful negotiation of Nice on a busy Saturday afternoon, then an arrival of 8:40pm in Lyon and a disaster of a communication in an Italian restaurant in Lyon. We can laugh now, but it meant a very rushed tour of Lyon the next morning.

We got yo Dijon via Geneva (reliving a scene from my favourite Tintin book) before 5pm the following day however and had a good look around this morning before ditching the Tolled Autoroutes and seeing some of the quaint villages on the way to Metz, a gorgeous city in the Lorraine Region where we are staying now.

We are heading into Belgium tomorrow, the home of Tintin to visit Musee Herge - the Tintin Museum before ending up at Lille tomorrow night.

Probably update you all again in Calais in a couple of days.

Here are a few photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb