Coucou!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Montpellier
March 28th 2006
Published: March 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bonjour!

Tout va bien here in Montpellier. Classes are going well too.

Satuday I went to the beach. I dont the name of it but its only a 20-30 minute bus ride from Montpellier. I went with my friend Amy and we walked up and down the beach for a little and I collected a few shells. It was really nice weather this weekend so it was the perfect time to take a trip to the beach.

Sunday we had an excursion to Carcossonne and Narbonne. Narbonne is an old Roman port city and Carcassonne is a walled medieval city I believe. It was a fun day. We went with a group of international students from Germany, Taiwan, Japanese, etc, and the tour guide was really nice and he had had lots of energy.....He told us all about the history of the Occitaine region and how he calls himself Occitaine and not French. OH and I learned that the region Montpellier is in, which is called Languedoc-Roussillon, the "Languedoc" is really Langue d'Occitaine(language of Occitaine for my english speaking readers)...ha, never thought about that. We also ate lunch withe the whole group at a little restaurant inside the city of Carcassonne. We ate a very traditional meal of the region and it was really goood. We had duck with sausage and white beans, Salade Occitaine, cheese and bread, some wine, and ice cream.

Well hope all is well at home! A bientot, Kristen

Advertisement



28th March 2006

FUN!
Wow. Sounds wonderful. Glad you are really experiencing different areas and facets of the culture. Keep having fun!!!!! Love, Mrs. Pf.
28th March 2006

Sounds like a cool meal!
28th March 2006

ooh la la! Krikri, that's awesome! I wish I was having half the fun you are in Montpellier. Thanks for keeping us posted. Bonne chance with everything! Ciao!

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0852s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb