The South Coast and up to the Tandem Rally


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Montpellier
August 20th 2007
Published: August 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post


The Tandem Rally and into the Netherlands



We are doing fine. We finished the tandem rally last week finding some really good weather. We had only one day with rain which we managed to avoid by being in the cafe at the time. We met some lovely people but were amazed at the difference in their contraptions, their ages and the different ways in which they travelled to Osnabruck.

We had driven up from Belfort in France where we had stayed at a very out of the way campsite, a club site in a high wood. It was a mean track leading up to the top which was a bit of a struggle on the tandem. But then we drove up through Germany. We had intended to look at some of the towns on route but as soon as we entered the country it started to rain and did not stop until two days later as we entered Osnabruckland. So we stayed at a club site a couple of kilometers up the road from the tandem site and enjoyed the stop.

Before this we had a few nights in the Auverne, popped in to see a former colleague from Hampshire, Jill Lovelock, enjoying a meal with her and Robin plus friends. We stopped for a look at the Viaduct du Millau; what a sight! And for three weeks before that we had spent at the famous campsite of Cap d'Agde. Very enjoyable and also very warm. Lovely.

And more to come as we spend some time in Netherlands and then northern France again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb