And Over to the West Coast


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Bordeaux
June 30th 2007
Published: June 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Via The Canal du Midi to Biarritz



This wifi is difficult to find. Even now we cannot connect with the one of a friend.

But we came away from the south coast to near Toulouse to a lovely site Domain de St. Laurant not far from the Canal du Midi which Lesley has wanted to see for some time. We explored it all ways and even went to stay with a Servas host (his first ever) in Toulouse. It's a lovely city. He was bit absent minded leaving us waiting for a desert he offered which never arrived nor he and so we went to bed. He was lost in a telephone call to his girlfriend.

Then north a little way to Cordes sur Ciel near Albi and a site Le Lizart. It is English created and run with a few English staying there with some Dutch. Also a lovely Kiwi couple. Good level cycling to Cordes and St Antonin Noble. They had internet there but not on Sunday. The library had it but not open till Wednesday. The place next door had it but not open till Tuesday. We returned then but only got an appointment for the Wednesday! We gave up.

The weather was very good with outside meals most of the time. But we left for the West coast and Arna, near Leon. Weather not so good but we got two afternoons on the beach. And we cycled a lot.

We did get the van stuck in the sand there, oh dear. Made a right mess getting off the sand with the help of a nice tractor man. So we moved south to Biarritz and Bayonne next door. It was very glamourous and elegant there.

North to Arcachon and the big basin which we cycled around (most of). We have been using the camping car stops which are cheap or free but with little facilities. Yesterday, Friday, we arrived with our Servas friends near Bordeaux, Claudine and Pierre Alan. They cycle too. They stayed with us in 1996 when Bitz was a puppy as shown in the photos of their visit.

Sorry about the lack of photos. Shall sort out when we get wifi.

We are still well and enjoying ourselves but missing everyone. Next is off to the coast again a bit north to Euronat where we went as a family many years ago. And after that we move to the Med again to meet David our eldest who is coming out for a music festival.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0167s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb