Paris Day 1 and 2


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
October 19th 2012
Published: October 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our flight on Ryanair was definitely intersting. It was only an hour and twenty minutes but that was more than enough. The reason our flight was only 40 euro was because they play commercials and try to sell you things the entire time. It makes it hard to take a power nap before taking on the huge city of Paris, but the important thing is we got here.

Our hostel is cute. The bathrooms are shared which is a little weird but our room is nice and its only a 20 minute walk to most places we want to see which is nice.

Tonight we started our adventures at the Notre Dame. Outside of it we met a man and he gave us bread to feed the birds. He took my DSLR right out of my hands and took pictures as the birds flew right onto our hands. It was so cool and the Notre Dame is in the background of all the pictures. The inside of the Notre Dame was beautiful and we spent some time walking around.

Next we went to the Sainte Chapelle. There are 15 huge stain glass windows that are so detailed it doesn't even seem possible. They have done a lot of restoration on the glass and it was beautiful to see.

After the Sainte Chapelle we headed to the famous Museé de Louvre. We saw the Mona Lisa and explored some of the artists that we knew. We also looked at the Roman and Mesopotamian sculptures since we have been learing about them in Religion class. We also walked through Napolean's house decoractions exhibit and it was amazing. The details of alll the furniture and china was unbelievable.

We walked through the gardens by the Louvre. We went out to dinner and enjoyed some crepes and then headed home. Tomorrow we are off to see the Eiffel and a bunch of other things!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb