Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
July 27th 2012
Published: July 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

JULY 25

The arrival to Paris was... HOT! It was 30 degrees celcius when we landed and we were uncomfortable before we stepped onto the train into the city. We arrived at our hotel around 2 in the afternoon and we decided to go on a walking tour around the Latin Quarter which was the area around our hotel. Needless to say after a ten hour flight with little sleep and an eight hour time change we were knackered. We were in bed by seven and slept a solid 12 hours (well Bryan did, Hanna woke up at 2:30 am!).



JULY 26

The next day we got down to business and this was the day Bryan fell in love with the Ville de Paris. We visited the Louvre, did a walking tour of the area of Paris known as the Marais (which means marsh), visited the Notre Dame Cathedral, and the Arc de Triomph. We rounded the day off with a special dinner and apres-bevy with Hanna's half-brother, Alex, in the Champs-Elysees area.



JULY 27

The third day in Paris was not as busy but equally fun. In fact, this was the day we discovered our favorite part of Paris. The area is known as Montmartre and has been home to artists for well over a hunded years. It is an amazing area with so much charachter and has been the home of a number of famous artists including Pablo Picasso. Hanna and I ate at a cute little restaurant on a covered patio while it poured rain. It should be noted, earlier in the day, we waited two and a half hours to get to thhe top of the Eiffel Tower. It was hot and the line-ups were long but luckily for us a public protest broke out. A couple of men jumped over a fence and began climbing up some scaffolding as they dragged a HUGE flag up with them. This men are very brave as the Eiffel Tower is guarded by men with machine guns. Hanna instatnly thought we were on the verge off a bombing while Bryan was not quite ready to give up his spot in the line they had already waited an hour. All is well that ends well and the protest continue and came to a peaceful conclusion. The next day we hopped on a train to Saarbrucken. Look out Germany, here we come!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb