Gerti & Family!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Versailles
October 5th 2008
Published: October 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone!

This weekend Elizabeth and I took a day trip to meet Gerti and her family. It was just wonderful! Gerti picked us up at the train station and Anika and Katia were there to meet us. Anika was very shy, but her little sister warmed up right away. They were both very cute and very sweet and so well-behaved!

We had lunch at Gerti's (delicious!) and afterwards went for a walk in the Versailles gardens. We didn't plan on this, but Saturday there was a sort of special occasion at the gardens- all of the fountains were on (usually they aren't) and also Baroque music was playing throughout the grounds. The weather, which was supposed to have been horrible, was completely beautiful. I took some pictures to give ya'll an idea of how AMAZINGLY beautiful it all was...

After that we had dinner at Gerti's. She cooked us a recipe that was Xavier's mom's and it was so good! Then Elizabeth and I said our goodbyes to make it back to Paris in time for NuitBlanche, a festival that takes place once a year where a lot of contemporary art is displayed all night long throughout the city. They keep one line of the metro open all night.

That was an adventure in and of itself. I've never seen that many people on the streets of Paris, even in the day time! I didn't take many pictures of that but it was a ton of fun, too!

I hope everything's going well back home! I miss everyone!




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



6th October 2008

Happy that we finally met again
Hi Leigh, We were very happy to meet you again. We hade met last 14 years ago in Texas (and we start feeling old now...). We were impressed about how fast you picked up French words and phrases and we are sure that you will make some amazing progress till the end of the year. Anika, our little daughter, was shy, we think that she was just under "shock" with all the languages she has to deal with (French, German, Polish). We will start English "officially" these days and she might, after all, say "Hi" when you come next time... Haydon and Shawn, I saw your messages. Will you be able to make it over the pond also sometime soon? Looking forward to meeting the whole Camp/ Grammar family, Hugs to everyone,Gerti P.S.We are so excited that at least Kay and Martin will also come to see us over the next weeks.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb