London to Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Versailles
July 6th 2023
Published: July 10th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Up early and checked out of the Hotel before 8am, walked the 100 meters to the St Pancras Station where we then check in, exited English Customs and then Entered French Customs. This is so good, no customs in France. Off now to the Business Class Lounge which is packed and we didn't get a seat. The train was lovely with great leg room, no recline, but its only a 2:30h trip. Breakfast for me was Croissant, Yoghurt and Compote, fresh fruit, and tea, and Rose had Croissant, Yoghurt and Compote, Sausage, Spring Onion and Potato Frittata, Bacon, Mushrooms and Baked Beans. Very nice. The surprising part of the trip was that we were only in the tunnel for about 15 minutes and the rest of the time passing lovely countryside. Rose was not sure about the seating backwards for the trip but in the end it was ok.

After arriving in Gare du Nod, we had to now find the Train to Charles De Gaulle Airport to pick up our leased Peugeot 5008, which was all smooth. Once we picked it up we needed fuel, and food as it was 3 and breakfast was 9 am paris time. We then drove through paris traffic to Versaille where we had booked Le Louis Versailles Chateau Hotel which is a 100 meter walk to the Palace, but thats for tomorrow. Each room as a fresco painting on the ceiling of the room and carpet that in photos looks like wooden parquet flooring.

After the hotel restaurant staff deciding they were fully booked and could not seat us for dinner (with over half the table empty at 8.30pm) Rose and I decided to walk to a locals restaurant Cafe' Marion for dinner. It did not disappoint, (great food, great wine and great service) well except for the french insisting they can smoke at the dinner table! Bugger.

Off to bed early again as another big day tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb