Versaille to Beaune


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy
July 7th 2023
Published: July 11th 2023
Edit Blog Post

After being stung at the hotel for breakfast, we were at the meeting spot for our Versaille Palace Guided Tourat 9am. There was only four of us on the English tour, so we started off at Versaille palace to meet the guide. Our Tour started with the Kings 8 room suite, then to the hall of mirrors and then finishing with the queens 8 room suite. As with our Blog for the Vatican, every room was so lavishly decorated with paintings on the walls and frescos on the ceiling that the sensors became overloaded and numb to the beauty of the subsequent rooms. Except for the "wannabe Models" who dressed up and in the queens chambers decided they should have the whole room for their impromptu fashion shoot.

Once we exited the main building and farewelled our guide, we were left to explore the Versaille gardens ourselves and I guess we could spend 2 days doing this. However we had only allocated 90 minutes so we only saw the garden in the immediate proximity to the Palace. There were three options for exploring the gardens:


• Walk which we estimate would be a solid day.
• Free Tour on the Hop on Hop off Vehicle which take about 1 hour without getting off.
• Hire your own golf cart, yes they have hire carts and I don't know how much or how long you get them, but there was about 20 groups queuing, so this is popular.



After getting back to the Hotel, we checked out and started the 300km journey to Beaune, those who we have discussed our travels with will remember we found Edmond Fallot Moutarderie, we loved the Mustard so much (specifically the ones not sold in Australia), we had to come back and pick up more. We got to Beaune about 30 minutes before they closed, so straight there and get some yummy new flavours (Paprika Mustard, and Seaweed Mustard) alone with more stock of the Mustard du Bourgogne, my personal favourite. After check in we rested up for a couple of hours and then consulted Trip Advisor for a dinner option. Coincidentally, a few doors up from Edmond Fallot was La Dilettante which was a lovely small restaurant owned and run by Sister, Brother and Wife partnership. We had a wonderful dinner here. So great to be back in the small towns in France.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0875s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb