Paris: The Romantic City?


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
November 1st 2006
Published: November 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Eiffel TowerEiffel TowerEiffel Tower

Night shot...it was moving...
Traveling from Amsterdam, an intimate, romantic setting was far from our thoughts. Some people say Paris is the city for lovers or as an American yelled out at the top of the Eiffel Tower, ‘city of lights.’ For me, I just wanted to see the Eiffel Tower as it has been built up in America as a monumental landmark. For Joe, Paris could have been seen through the train’s windows. So I won and we ended up in a hostel far from romantic with separate rooms.

Attempting to walk towards the Eiffel Tower, we saw the famous Notre Damn Cathedral. Both Joe and I found it to be quite a church with its detailed architecture and stained glass windows. As Joe tried to figure out which way to the Eiffel Tower, I tried to pick out an American couple that surely knew the way. I got directions and 2 free boat passes. So, we made our way over the E.T. and figured the only way to experience the E.T. was from the top. We faced the crowds and long waits to view Paris as the sun was setting and the thousands of lights captivated the city. To end the ‘romantic’ night we listened to protests against the war, ate a steak and wine dinner, watched the E.T. move from below and slept in separate rooms.

One more thing to do…to see that famous painting. All the waiting in line and pushing through people in the Louve Museum, found the Mona Lisa as it appears in any other art book. That was enough the Museum for us, so we attempted to exit the maze passing by ancient and ruins and biblical paintings. With no interest to continue touring, we headed back to the hostel to wait for our train. The most romantic part of our time in Paris was making sandwiches together for the train journey. Paris, a romantic city…maybe for others.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.36s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 81; dbt: 0.0867s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb