Paris - Day 4


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 9th 2016
Published: September 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Paris - Day 4

Decided to split up today… A girl’s day and a boy’s day. Grant left at 8 am to beat the cue for the Eiffel Tower and I stayed in bed, for a slow start. By all accounts he had a great day. Buddied up with a guy from Cincinnati Ohio at the top whose wife had also gone awal and they had coffee together. He then went to the Musee of Maritime. Meanwhile I walked down the Boulevard Haussmann to the Printemps and Lafayette Galleries. I did a couple of rounds of both but total concept shops, a bit intimidating with beautiful assistants standing around looking totally bored. As I had been sent out with my escorts credit card, I felt a small Julia Roberts moment. Not really my scene so off to a sidewalk café for people watching. Not a Westfield in sight. Carried on walking to Champs Elysees, past the American Embassy, Be Beers and Alexander McQueen and right there in the middle was a Marks and Spencer! Met up with Grant at the Arc de Triomphe and decided the only way to save the day was to get my hair done… Managed to communicate with the young man and had a very good shampoo and brush. (Blow-wave). On the way home we saw a police scooter chase, a couple of guys riding a scooter were being chased full tilt through the narrow streets by two cop scooters, sounded like a race of the Singers. Very serious but looked quite funny to me. There is a lot of security around where we are saw we are very near the President’s residence. Took a recommendation from the hotel for dinner and had a lovely typical French meal with Escargot at a cute restaurant run by a chef and his wife. On the way we found Le Rugby Bar – dont know how we had missed it before. Photos of All Blacks, Irish, French etc. When they found out we were from NZ we were welcomed with open arms wish we had found it on the first day...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.456s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.2106s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb