Lucy arrives in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 6th 2015
Published: September 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Over three years have passed since we left France in June of 2012. This trip to France came about at a New Years party when we were visiting with Carl and Jerri. We decided that it would be fun to take a barge trip on the French canals together. Carl did all of the organizing for a September trip only to discover that his class had organized their reunion in September. I have always wanted to make a canal trip, so Lucy and I stayed with the planned September trip. Before and after the canal cruise, we will rent a car and do some sight seeing in France.



Overall, our planned trip is to fly from Houston to Paris, spend two days in Paris, and rent a car and drive to Amboise to see old friends. Upon returning to Paris, we will join a Road Scholar group for a tour of Paris and a canal trip from Dijon to Besancon. We will then rent a car in Lyon and tour from the Gorge du Verdon to Nice.







September 4, 2015, Friday



Ken Roy picked Lucy and me up in his new Suburban taxi and drove us to George Bush Intercontinental Airport. We departed Houston on an Air France Boeing 777-300ER non-stop flight to Paris. The service and food were good, but we definitely filled the seats.







September 5, 2015 Saturday



Upon arriving in Paris, we cleared immigration. Happiness is going on a holiday and having one’s luggage not be lost. We were happy.



Lucy and I took the Les Cars Air France bus from Charles de Gaulle to Etoile and walked to our hotel, Hotel Elysse Ceramic. Since we arrived before check-in time, we left our luggage at the hotel and went our separate ways.



Lucy went to Marina Rinaldi and bought lots of new clothes. I took the Metropolitain to IGN’s Le Monde des Cartes to buy maps that will cover out trip. At Orange, I had new SiM cards installed in our old Samsung telephones which will let us use these telephones while traveling in France. We also brought our iPhones.



Lucy and I ate dinner at César Restaurante Italien.







September 6, 2015, Sunday



When we lived in France in 2012, the Orangerie was closed for renovation, and I had never visited. Lucy and I rode the Metropolitain to the Jardin des Tuileries and found out that this is a free day at the Musée de l’Orangerie so we spent the afternoon viewing paintings. I tried to watch a film in their theater but with jet lag, I kept falling asleep.



Lucy and I went for tea and a meal at Hotel Meurice which had been recommended by Brian.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb