Week in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 8th 2013
Published: July 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The start of July marks the time for summer guests. Nonni and Poppy, Drea's parents, have flown in from Norfolk for the month. We are definitely looking forward to plenty of adventures with them. We start with a quick trip down to the Jurassic Coast of England for some fossil hunting before heading to Paris for 5 days.

We didn't find as many fossils as we had hoped. Some that we found we had to collect with pictures because they were too big to bring home. None the less fun times on the beach always.

In Paris we had an apt next to Republic Square. There was an ongoing concert in the square every night we were there that had several bands we have heard on the pop stations. Jake Bug and Bastille are a couple of the names I can remember. Did a lot of roaming around the city seeing different iconic places as well as hitting some lesser known things that we enjoyed just as much. Nonni and I took Becca to the Louvre a bit earlier than when she was supposed to go at 14, but were still amazed just the same. We woke each morning to fresh croissants Poppy had gotten from the bakery below our apt. then would have a selection of cheese, butter and bread for dinner.

Stopped by Versailles and Rouen on our way back out. Didn't actually tour the Palace as the line was ridiculous but did go through the grounds that were pretty amazing. I was disappointed that none of the fountains were on. We were able to see a couple beautiful cathedrals in Rouen including Joan of Arc's Chapel on the spot where she was martyred.


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0144s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb