Parisian YMCA vs. Auld Ang Syne Mashup anyone...


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 26th 2013
Published: May 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

IMAG1453IMAG1453IMAG1453

Arc de triomphe
Today began with an early 630 wake up call, but after a great night's sleep I get refreshed. Breakfast was some wonderful coffee and baguette with hours cheese. Yum. Then we all headed off on a tour of the city with local Parisian guide Mario. Mario has a massive local cultural and historical knowledge that world history and art history teachers would love. As a knowledge junkie, I, too , was a big fan. We saw the arc de triomphe first where soldiers returned to Paris. to walk through in victory and also the home of the tomb of the unknown soldier. We then headed to royal square, where interestingly there is amassive Egyptian obelisk, donated to Paris after the discovery of the Rosetta stone by a French soldier. Honest we saw so darn much, I'm just gonna post pictures.



the city tour, we headed to Versailles. The gardens were not yet in bloom but I'll be back in a few weeks and hopefully they will be then. We then had free time in the evening and another media specialist I met from Dixie county Florida and I went to Luxembourg gardens for a glass of wine and strolling. There just happened to be a retiree band playing and interesting selection of music, which brings me to our blog title. They played the eye of the tiger, pink panther theme song, and their finale, YMCA remixed with Auld ang syne. Truly a once in a lifetime event. We also may have met a dutch tv personality. Either that or we were pranked by a group of Dutchman. Either way, it was good fun. Only 1 more day until I head back home and there are too many things I still want to do.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

IMAG1467IMAG1467
IMAG1467

Joan of arc
IMAG1483IMAG1483
IMAG1483

Fountain at the gardens of Versailles
IMAG1501_ZOE006_SHOTIMAG1501_ZOE006_SHOT
IMAG1501_ZOE006_SHOT

Wow, Louis XIV had some slamming gams
IMAG1506IMAG1506
IMAG1506

Fountain at the gardens of Versailles
IMAG1520IMAG1520
IMAG1520

Fountain in the Luxembourg gardens
IMAG1521IMAG1521
IMAG1521

do you need a description
IMAG1526IMAG1526
IMAG1526

this does not say library of losers
IMAG1527IMAG1527
IMAG1527

Oh, did I forget to mention the street performance sarcophagus at the fountain of saint Michael? How could I forget that :)


26th May 2013

Jealous
Dear neighbor. I've travelled extensively but still haven't done Paris or France. I'm quite envious but so glad for you. K
26th May 2013

Wonderful. Glad that you are having a wonderful time. You are so fortunate to be there and see all these wonderful things,. And to be able to enjoy it twice. E was out this weekend and we went to Dotties and played. I won three times. But we will be glad to see you home and all the wonderful pictures you took.

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb