Au Revoir Paris!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 4th 2012
Published: September 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

VersaillesVersaillesVersailles

In French it is the Château de Versailles.
Versailles

While it has been very fun to drive in crowded urban setting, we are curious on how this car will play in open roads. We pick Versailles as our next destination. Located about 20 km southwest of Paris, this affluent suburb was a prosperous country village in the 11 th century. Its location, on the way from Paris to Deux and Normandy, brought thriving commerce to the village. Arriving in town, we go directly to The Chateau de Versailles, the principal residence of Louis XIV, XV, and XVI. Thousands of masons, gilders, painters, tapestry weavers, architects, sculptors, decorators, and landscapers throughout centuries poured their passions in making this place one of a kind in the world.

Eiffel Tower

A visit to Paris will not be complete without climbing the most iconic metal structure in Paris.

The view of the city from the top on a clear night explains why this city is also known as the city of lights. The spot lights of the river tour boats turn the river bank into daylight. Arc de Triomphe monument glows in yellow with hundreds of headlights circling it. From this vantage point, Paris night life glitters.

Au
Eiffel TowerEiffel TowerEiffel Tower

La Tour Eiffel, nickname La dame de fer (the iron lady)
Revoir Paris!

Thinking about our days in Paris, we really enjoy its culinary delights, arts, architectures, and fashions. The old and new worlds blend harmoniously here. We also are glad that we have the Audi. We can explore a lot more places in shorter time and we can experience Paris in the same way as its residents do. We are not stuck with the tourist bus routine or the rush of catching trains or the hassle of dealing with unfriendly taxi drivers. The dense traffic in downtown doesn’t slow us down. Instead, it gives an opportunity to soak more of the Parisian ambiance. With this Audi A1, I can say that Paris guide books can be wrong about driving in Paris...

More pictures at www.driving-vacation.com


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb