Bonjour Paris!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 4th 2012
Published: September 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Driving in ParisDriving in ParisDriving in Paris

Great experience with amazing view!

Driving in Paris!

Additionally, visitors can easily take subway trains, buses, and boats on river Seine to enjoy Paris. So, there is no reason to rent a car. We almost bought into this belief. But then, we learned that we could rent an Audi A1 in Paris from eliterent.com.

We stay at Le Meridien Étoile hotel located at the beginning of Le Defense “new” business district that extends to the west. Modern skyscrapers are filling the Le Defense city skyline. We chose this modern contemporary hotel because of its proximity to many tourist attractions in Paris, and more importantly it has an underground parking garage.

Located just a-stone-throw-away in the southeast direction from the hotel, the 19 th century Arc de Triomphe sits majestically in the middle of one of the busiest roundabouts in Europe, named Pl.

Charles de Gaulle. This Napoleonic era monument honors those who fought for France in French Revolutionary and Napoleonic wars. Despite countless effort by artists to photograph or paint this Roman-Arch-of-Titus inspired monument at different times of day or different seasons of the year, one will still have a sense of awe when staring
Le Meridien Étoile HotelLe Meridien Étoile HotelLe Meridien Étoile Hotel

great hotel in a very good location close to metro station and shopping as well as many local restaurants.
at the intricate carvings on the walls.

Driving in Paris needs a special skill, especially at busy roundabouts. Here, at Charles de Gaulle roundabout, where twelve straight avenues meet, cars enter the roundabout from different directions at high speed. Somehow, miraculously, in this crowded merry-go-round, each car can find its path from the outer most layer of the merry-go-round to the inner most layer, and then back out to exit without a scratch. The traffic at the roundabout can be so dense that, in the past, it sparked a rumor; insurance companies will not cover accidents at this roundabout.

After a few rounds of thrill, we exit the roundabout at Av. Des Champs-Élysées. Many movies and postcards feature the sight of this famous street with the colorful Christmas lights. This neighborhood is known for hosting the most famous international fashion boutiques, such as Louis Vuitton, Dior, Chanel, Fendi, Valentino, Bvlgari, Cartier, Montblanc, and many more. Strutting on Av. Des Champs-Élysées is on many visitors’ and locals’ to do list. For car enthusiasts, Peugeot, Mercedes Benz, Toyota, Renault, and Citroén demonstrate their latest cars and technology advances in impressive high-tech, interactive showroom...


More stories and pictures at www.driving-vacation.com


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The 19 th century Arc de TriompheThe 19 th century Arc de Triomphe
The 19 th century Arc de Triomphe

in the middle of one of the busiest roundabouts in Europe, named Pl. Charles de Gaulle


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb