Europa Day 4


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 16th 2012
Published: May 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 4

More metro....

Decided after a sleep in to visit Monet's garden. iPad tot the rescue - train routes, prices, go...

Oops - missed the station, wrong platform and then lost in the Metro - attention to detail missed a bit here. Finathe found the station we were meant to beat for the Monet train - tad late so we just abortedfor the day. Booked tickets for Thursday so we have definite date/times.

Now we have to fill in the day with our time. To the Printemps building - Myer or David Jones but a lot flashier. Roof top eatery has great views so we view and don't eat.

Then off down the Boulevard something or other to the Grande Opera. Amazing building with extreme art work on roof, walls, etc. lucky enough to have a Japanese ballet setting up for shows so rehearsing lights, etc.

Have lunch on the steps at the front and have a girl being interviewed. Ask reporter who she is - answer - from Crazy Horse. Turns out to be an erotic dance club in Paris. Bugger - no show for us.....

2 Japanese wedding photo groups and finally we decide to leave. Off to the Louvre.

Queues no where to be seen so we have a bonus - straight in and around to the Mona Lisa - along with every Tom Dick and Harry. She is much smaller in real life but worth the chance to try and get a photo over all the other heads.

Finally done and decide to walk home - amazing how the Eiffel Tower looks much closer than when you decide to walk. Arrive foot sore and decide to eat in (spag bol and red wine - nice).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.367s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0894s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb