In France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 26th 2006
Published: June 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This will be a quick update, since I only have 15 minutes of internet and French keyboards are laid out differently than the ones at home.

We took the ferry out of Rosslare, Ireland on Saturday evening, and arrived in Roscoff, France on Sunday morning. It was chilly on Saturday, so Im sure that we didnt see Rosslare in the best way, but when we got to France on Sunday morning, I got a great impression of Roscoff. Its a nice, old, small port town on the Northwestern tip of France, and I really wouldnt have minded spending some time there, but we only had a couple of hours before we caught a train here to Paris.

It took about four hours or so to get here from there, but we still had a bit of time to wander around at night and see the river and some of the city. The Eiffel tower really is amazing after dark. We didnt go up to the top, since we decided to wait until tonight for that.

We saw more of the city today, and went to Notre Dame. We didnt bother to go up to the top of that either, but the main part of the cathedral is absolutely stunning.

Tomorrow, were heading to Belguim for a day, and then its on to Germany, which should be very exciting since the World Cup is still going on. We just booked our hostels now in advance so we dont end up homeless.

Alrighty, ive had about enough of this stupid keyboard. Hope everyone is doing well at home, and I love you all very much.

Advertisement



30th June 2006

Hi Little bro!
Sounds like you are having a great time! Hope you bought me something nice in France! J/K. Can't wait to hear more!

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb