Paris in June


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 15th 2006
Published: June 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Paris late afternoon Sunday and have been on the move ever since. We are staying in a great campground. It is in the suburb of Versailles. Great services including FREE hot water in the showers and dish washing areas, a swimming pool and community room with large screen TV for watching soccer games. Monday we took the train into the city to the Place de Concorde, spent most of the afternoon at the Louve and then walked down the Champs Elysse (sp?) to the Arc de Triomphe. On Tuesday we went to Notre Dame and then walked down the Blvds St. Michel and St. Germaine window shopping at the book stores and other shops. Bought roast chicken from a vendor and a bagette from a bakery and had lunch in the gardens at the Luxembourg Palais. We then spent most of the day at the Musee d'Orsay which has a large collection of work by the impressionists like Monet, Manet, Renoir, etc: Finished the day wine, cheese and creme brulee at a sidewalk cafe near the Eiffel Tower.

Yesterday we spent the day visiting the palace and gardens at Versailles. Very imressive. Much walking each day. Merci beaucoup to Bruce and Pat for the great book on France and the city maps book. Merci beaucoup to Suzanne for the foot massager!!!!!! Have put it to good use each evening.

General comments: Easier to navigate the freeways in France than Germany. Not as many interchanges and easier exits: Trains in Paris also much easier with great signage: Both countries beautiful and the people very nice in all places we have been. Have eaten mostly from outdoor cafes; street vendors or from local markets: Food wonderful everywhere.

Today it is cooler and misty following a night of rain. I am catching up on laundry (yes; need todo that even on vacation) and then we leave for Givency where Monet did his famous water lily paintings and then on to the coast. Will get in touch again at next internet site.

Au Revoir; David and Barb

PS Should be a few pictures in the Gallery section: Can only add them when we use our own computer so will need to wait for the slide show for most of them when we get home:

Advertisement



15th June 2006

Guess it's too late to suggest
Rodin Museum and Sacre Coeur (sp?) in Paris - both worth the time in my opinion - maybe next trip? have fun at Giverny.

Tot: 0.304s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb