3 nights in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 3rd 2006
Published: June 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

After a rather long speedy train ride on the Eurostar Chunnel, we found our hotel, walked around near the Eiffel Tower and the Seine; and went to bed. The next day we went to the top of the Eiffel Tower, toured the Lourve and saw Mona, saw the Arc de Triomphe, walked all around the city, ate French food, and really enjoyed and exhausted ourselves! Yesterday we visited the European Space Agency Headquarters, which was really cool, and we were so grateful the lady involved with education and public relations spoke English! After that; we took a train up to Montmarte and toured the little village, but fournd the shopping to be rather Harwin-esque. In the evening we took a river boat cruise down the Seine and got to see the city of lights at dusk and learn about its history, which was really nice. Our little hotel has an incredible view of the Eiffel tower from our bedroom window and it lights up and sparkles at night and is truly magnificant! Today we are going to see Notre Dame and then to the airport tonight to leave for Madrid.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



3rd June 2006

WOW!!!
Shannon and Kimberly, You look like you are having such a great time! I know 3rd grade would love to use some of your photos of France for our cruise. The Flat Stanley pictures crack me up!! Keep the pictures coming...I am enjoying seeing where you guys are visiting. Jan
4th June 2006

Way Cool!!!!!!!
I loved our party boat on the River-wish I was there!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!
5th June 2006

Too much fun!
Wow! I'm so jealous! I hope you are having a great time! Your pictures are really good. Sounds like you have been hitting the highlights. We went last summer and had a wonderful trip. I had never seen the Eiffel tower do the twinkle-thing.....pretty cool..... Have fun, I imagine the weather is cooler there, we are sweating, when we aren't drowning! Looking forward to Spain, never been there! Don't let Flat Armstrong out of your sight though, he may charm the senoritas.
6th June 2006

Hi there!
I am so glad you are having a wonderful time in Europe! The pictures are great, too! I cannot wait to read your entry about Madrid. Take care!
7th June 2006

It's Monday so it must be Paris
Or maybe that movie was before your time:}}}} Sounds like you two are having a great time Save some energy for the Dolphin Derby We haven't used up any good luck this year Must be saving it for your visit Love Dad
7th June 2006

Très bon!
Je suis si heureux pour vous! (I'm so happy for you!) Quel magnifique voyage! (What a wonderful trip!) Appréciez! (Enjoy!)
20th June 2006

Looks so Familiar
Loved the EuroStar to Paris. So your pictures bring back many fond memories. It was hot in Paris, actually in the 80s while I was there. Did the Eiffel Tower, River cruise on the Seine, Walked up the steps to the top of the Arc de Triomphe--must have been at least 400 steps!!!, saw Mona as well in the Lourve and the Orsay Museum with all the Impressionist artwork; I stayed near this museum. Flew back to the states from Paris, but the pilot aborted the take off while going down the runway, so I spent 4 hours on the tarmac while they changed a part for one of the engines. Finally flew to Boston but missed my connections to Houston and spent the night there. Never a dull moment. Enjoy the rest of your holiday. I loved Paris and all the boutiques and the many cafes!!!!

Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb