Oui, Oui Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 29th 2011
Published: July 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

After Alan nearly flooded the bathroom, we made our way by Metro to the fountain at St Michel for a 3.5 hour free walking tour with Sandemans Tours. On one of the train legs we were waiting for the doors to open so we could alight but did not realise not all doors opened. We made our way to an open door further down the carriage but as Alan was leaving he got squashed...!!!!

After that we went to the markets at Marche St Quentin at Gare De L'est as told by the Lonely Planet. Bought baguette, cheese and salad for lunch. We then went to Montmartre and walked around. This is an extremely interesting town with cabaret shows, red light district and many restaurants and cafes.

Climbed our way to the Basilique Du Sacre Coeur, the highest point in Paris giving a spectacular city panarama. Sat on the steps and took in the view.

Got back to the apartment very tired and late.

Note: Buy the 'Paris Visite' pass which entitles you to travel on all modes of transport. Price depends on zoning and number of days. Generally up to zone 3 is adequate unless you have to go to Versailles or the airports.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb