Life in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
October 19th 2009
Published: October 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 9/6

It was a great day in Paris! Dan and I fell back to sleep about 5 and slept until 10 - we ate at the apt. - after I went to the corner bakery and bought bread for dinner and croissants for breakfast & to the Proxi for coffee. Then we had a great breakfast: boiled eggs, cheese and bread, croissants, coffee and a nectarine.

The others had already left for the Eiffel Tower, etc. so we took the metro there and walked around and then walked from there along the beautiful neighborhoods East of the Tower, crossed the River at the Grand Palais and walked down the Champs Elysees to the Place de la Concorde (where Marie Antoinette was executed). Met up with the Newmarkers Sr. and Jr., walked down to the Louvre. S & J went back to meet Davy and Allison, who flew in from NYC this afternoon. We walked back to the neighborhood with Bethia & Bob and had lunch at a cafe on Blvd. Ste. Germaine - another fabulous French salad of greens, tomatoes, cured ham, cheeses and walnuts. Wow! Later we met up with all the kids, Davy and Allison, Bob & Bethia for drinks at the corner cafe.

Bob and Bethia came over to our apartment afterward where we ate roasted chicken and potatoes from the Charcuterie, salad and a ton of bread & cheese - washed down with more than a few glasses of very nice Bordeaux. It was a fun and perfect Paris evening!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb