Rive Gauche


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 27th 2009
Published: July 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Left BankLeft BankLeft Bank

One of the many quaint rues on the Left Bank.
We spent the afternoon wandering through the left bank, doing some shopping, stopping at cafes and sightseeing. We saw St Sulpice of Da Vinci code fame and beautiful St Germaine Place. For those not familiar with the Left Bank (Rive Gauche) of the Seine, it is to Paris what SoHo and Greenwich Village are to Manhattan. The left bank, with it's much narrower streets and sprawling landscape contains the more eclectic and artistic area of Paris where the likes of the philosopher Jean-Paul Satre wrote and jazz greats like Sidney Bechet kept clubs hopping until late into the night.

The food scene defies description safe to say that if you want it, it's there. It was hard to choose among the hundreds of cafes, but we managed to find a a qauint little restaurant down an alleyway. Molly saved room for a nutella crepe after dinner, then we all had our now favorite Ben and Jerry's glace- chocolate macadamian nut!

Tomorrow can't really be our last day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Left BankLeft Bank
Left Bank

Molly got to see lots of Mini's and smart cars!
Dinner restaurantDinner restaurant
Dinner restaurant

Delicious food and a friendly waiter (for a change!)
Molly on the Left BankMolly on the Left Bank
Molly on the Left Bank

Looking tres parisienne in her new shoes, scarf and bag. . .
Jane after desertJane after desert
Jane after desert

Looking great in one of her new shirts . . .


Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb